Thursday, May 23, 2013

One Day In New York - Avengers style





Sung to One Night in Bangkok - Chess

New York, usual setting
And the city don't know that the city is getting
The creme de la creme of Avengers in a
Show with everything but Phill Coulson.

Thor thunders – freeing Loki from the transport
Next thing you know a lot of witty retort.
Ship change -- don't you know that when you
Play at this level there's no ordinary venue

It's Asgard -- or Jotenhime -- or Svartalfheim  - or this place!

One day in New York makes the Avengers humble.
Not much between the Hulk and poor Loki.
One day in New York and the bad guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company.
I  can see Asgardians walking next to me.

One town is very like another when the Tesseracts opens a gateway, brother.

It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really such a pity
To be waiting out in space, not blowing up the city

Whaddya mean? Ya seen one crowded, polluted, stinking town --

Chitauri, getting beat
Getting blown up as they turn down on Park Street

Get Loki'd! You're talking to a ruler
Whose every move just makes him cooler
I get my kicks above the waistline, fly boy.

One day in New York makes an Iron Man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy.
One day New York and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me

NY's gonna be the witness
To the ultimate test of cerebral fitness
This grips me more than would a
Musical production or that Lady Liberty.

And thank God I'm only watching the game -- controlling it --

I don't see you guys rating
The kind of blast I'm contemplating
I'd let you watch, I would invite you
But the drones we use would not excite you.

So you better go back to your bunkers, your basses, your floating fortress --

One night in Stuttgart and the world's my oyster
If you kneel down I will make you free
You'll find me a god who wields a golden scepter
A little flash, a little mystery
I can feel an angel sliding up to me

One day in New York makes an Iron Man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy.
One day New York and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me

No comments:

Post a Comment